Bucks Party Perth thinks a movie is a perfect Best man/Groom experience to share pre party. Below we’ve listed out top 5 movies; some will warm you up perfectly for the Bucks Party Perth, others just re-affirm why you and the Buck are just a classic case of mates being mates. We’ve steered clear of a few well worn faves like ‘The Hangover’ or ‘Top Gun’, giving you a different flavour. Should The Hangover have made the list? Or have we missed one altogether? Let us know on Bucks Party Perth Facebook page.
5. Cool Hand Luke – Paul Newman at his best. One man slowly broken down by ‘the system’, all the while inspiring others with his commitment to living life. The 50 eggs in an hour scene is a dead set classic! Luke is effortlessly cool, and thumbing his nose to authority at every opportunity, just how you and your mates probably see yourself.
Quotable quote: “Yeah well… sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand”
4. Wolf of Wall Street – “I’m not fucking leaving!!” Jordan Belfort parties harder than any man before him. Drugs, Hookers and Midget throwing wrapped up in a (kind of) cautionary tale of excess. Margot Robbie’s turn as Belfort’s wife, Naomi, is a legit sizzler. Bucks Party Perth isn’t an advocate for much of Belfort’s behaviour, but as Perth’s parties go, his while aboard a a 747 is one of legend.
Quotable quote: “Let me tell you something. There’s no nobility in poverty. I’ve been a poor man, and I’ve been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time.”
3. Tango and Cash – Severely underrated ‘buddy movie’, full of 80’s excess and ridiculous men running away from explosions. The Jail break out is brilliant. Wisecracks galore. Teri Hatcher as the love interest pre Superman, Wisteria Lane and Seinfeld days.
Quotable quote: “Rambo? Rambo’s a pussy.”
2. Step Brothers – Dale Doback and Brennan Huff are here to fuck shit up. Will Ferrell and John C Reilly are a tour de force of infantile behaviour. Key Scene – Interviewing as a team with Pamn, and cutting the cheese after they’d successfully got a job. This is purely on the list for bringing the LOLs. Perfect for the stressed out Groom – all your worries disappear when you hear Brennan hit the high notes of ‘Time to Say Goodbye’ at the Catalina Wine Mixer.
Quotable quote: “Suppose Nancy sees me coming out of the shower and decides to come on to me. I’m looking good, got a luscious v of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro. She takes one look at me and goes ” Oh my god, I’ve had the old bull now I want the young calf” and she grabs me by the weiner…”
1. Swingers – Vince Vaughan on the money as the coolest dude you know. John Favreau plays Mikey, trying to get his big break as an actor in LA while mending a broken heart. Vaughn’s Trent is 1000 miles an hour, confident, cock sure and damn funny. Instantly quotable with classics tips for the single man like, “Waiting two days to call is industry standard but THREE days is kind of money”… We also promise the Vegas you see Mike and Trent experience is far removed from Bucks Party Perth package we currently have under construction; except the free drinks on offer from the cute waitress.
Quotable quote: “You’re so money and you don’t even know it!”